The 7 Elements of Digital Storytelling
The Center for Digital Storytelling (CDS) in Berkley, California developed this list of the 7 Elements of Digital Storytelling which we will adapt for our use at Cedar Lane Elementary School.
1. Point of View – What is the main point of the story and what is the perspectve of the author?
2. A Dramatic Question – A key question that keeps the viewer’s attention and will be answered by the end of the story.
3. Emotional Content – Serious issues that come alive in a personal and powerful way and connects the story to the audience.
4. The Gift of Your Voice – A way to personalize the story to help the audience understand the context.
5. The Power of the Soundtrack – Music or other sounds that support and embellish the storyline.
6. Economy – Using just enough content to tell the story without overloading the viewer.
7. Pacing – The rhythm of the story and how slowly or quickly it progresses.